Parking wars and PC dog toys/brain dump

8:59 PM

Wow! What a whirlwind the past 2 days have been! Dad and I got to LA Sunday afternoon and I have been flying since my feet have hit the ground...

Sunday Ike and I were reunited for the first time in 16 days! It felt surreal when I saw him and got to kiss him! We showed dad around LA including In and Out Burger, an ADORABLE house we are trying to rent, and his office in Santa Monica on the 3rd street promenade. Dad and I spent a lot of our time in Santa Monica and we LOVED it! I took Finley into all the shops, which makes me so happy-considering he's pretty much my best friend here until I make some people friends .

Today I took dad to LAX and when he left I realized I'm here. Alone. Yes, Ike is here with me, but I'm all I have during the day. I don't have my dad in the car helping me drive or strolling the shops and beach with me during the day. Ike leaves for work at 9am and doesn't get home until after 6:45, so it's a very long lonely day for now. I had such a frustrating day that by 4:00 I needed a drink. (okay, it was about 3:00, but realized it's not generally good to drink alone). Haha.

Anywho, I ran into Petco today during my errands and saw they have politically correct dog toys, check out the Hanukkah collection! I've never seen these in Texas!!

I'll leave you with one last thing, I've been here for 48+ hours and have had 2 parking problems. One, I got a $58 ticket for parking and not paying the meter (it was hidden AND there were no signs saying there was a meter)! AND today I was told my valet was validated and sadly it was not. $16 later for an hour parking I nearly lost my mind!

Im sorry if this post seems all over the place. I feel like my life and brain are, too right now!

I'm here, with my husband. I'm generally happy in LA. I know I'll be extremely lonely for awhile, all I can do is pray for a few good friends to come along. I'm thankful for Ike and his amazing opportunity that will provide us a better life than we could dream possible in Texas. So, with that said, I'm going to hold my head high and hold on for the ride of our life!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. First we don't know one another but I love your blog and I guess that's the reason blogs exist.
    I can relate. In a way.
    When I moved to Germany, not only was I miserable and alone as I understood very few of the language. So I join some classes and this gave me a reason to do small talk before and after those classes. Then we'd move to have a coffee or two, add one another on facebook and exchange funny emails.
    I knew I wouldn't be staying forever, so I really just wanted people to chat. Not really sure I made 100% true new FRIENDS .
    I am sure you'll do fine. Take one day at a time .
    best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in the picture of you both- one of your best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, Hang in there girl. When Shane moved us to Austin for his Job I was lost. I mean so totally lost I didn't know what to do. I was 21 and Cally was 2. I had no job and was FREAKING OUT! At one point Shane came home from work and I had all of my stuff packed in garbage bags and I was going home to my Mamma. But he convinced me to stay. I found my job at Balcones Country Club 2 weeks later and the rest is history. I have loved life every since and having my best friend to help me through it all. You and Ike are going to do great in LA and 6 months from now you will look back and laugh at all of it. Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images