On the road again

2:45 PM

On the road, yet again. This past week I've traveled up and down IH35 more than I can count on both hands. Since we packed up our house and Ike left last week I've been staying with his parents about an hour north of Austin and commuting to my salon everyday. 35 is enough to make the sanest person CRAZY but I am so grateful for his parents welcoming me, they kept me very busy which is good for me, the minute I slow down I start to miss Ike and think about how my life is not the same.

Friday was a stressful, busy day at the salon and it was also the day I was closing my doors. If you understood how special SimpleeKaty was you could begin to imagine how emotional I was leaving for the last time. Ike and I have poured our blood, sweat and tears into my salon in the 15+ months. Driving away I completely lost it, I think it finally hit me; everything I know and love is changing. I'm leaving. I'm saying goodbye to a city I know, leaving friendships that I've built over the years and I'm moving away from my family.

Finley, (maltipoo) and I headed NB35 on Saturday to hangout at my parents house for a little bit before I leave for LA early Saturday. Here's a pic of the little stinker resting up in the car!



Today, mom and I ran to the mall and played around a little bit! I've introduced her to Pinterest, so here we are in the kitchen trying out a new recipe!
And finally, here is mom dad and I in the "man cave". I'll be home this week hanging out with family, relaxing and playing with the fam and dad and I leave Saturday (probably before the sun comes out) to head west.


I'll leave you with a quote that I find perfectly fitting and it's from my favorite show;

"Maybe if we had never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, have babies, or be who we are. After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But, it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart...And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away." -Sex and the City

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'm glad you have found such a creative outlet to help you through this. I remember when I was barely 21 when Shane, Cally and I loaded up from Fort Worth and moved to Austin for his job. I was a small town girl moving to a big city and I was terrified. But it was the start of my life, my family and my career. You and Ike are in for the adventure of a lifetime and you get to share it with your best friend. Enjoy, keep in touch and post often :-) - Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, i started to tear up as i read this! good luck with all your new adventures, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote! And BEST OF LUCK Katy!! I know you'll make a home in LA in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images