4,500 miles in 2 weeks

12:24 PM

That is the amount of miles we've driven. We are nearing the end of our journey. Fin, Ike and I are together in the 17FT U-Haul (we named Beast) towing his car, moving slow and going through a crazy amount of gas.

Let's talk about the beast. The seats don't recline, there is little leg room, only the FM radio, and it's LOUD. We've managed to laugh about all that's transpired in the Beast including me falling out of it at the gas station, lots of tejano music, NO cruise control, and no power anything. I'm not sure why I find it so comical to manually roll my window down and push to lock car door but I do. Oh, and did I mention we decided to try a new route to get to Phoenix yesterday? Through Tonto National Forest. This was a horrible idea. We were up and down the mountain in the kind of dark where you can barely see your hand and we were among all sorts of wildlife that would have loved to eat us. Next time, (not that there will be) we will stick to the highway.

It's a weird thing for me to say, "we are headed home". Our next stop is our new address. I'm excited to have a place that's ours. It's been extremely nutty since our honeymoon, we have been living out of our suitcases for 6 weeks. And girls, I've only had about 6 outfits to play with. Do you know how hard it is to dress cute with minimal outfits, accessories and shoes?!

I'll make sure to do an update with pics of our stuff settled in our home, which deserves a post of its own..I think I'm going to completely change how I decorate. I'm going to step out and be funky.

Sorry if it seems as though I'm rambling..

I'm leaving you with some pics from our trip, snow on the mountains in NM, a teepee in AZ, us in the car and the most adorable pup. Ever. Enjoy!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images