Half and half

4:01 PM

Let me preface this post by saying I love both sides of our families; we are extremely blessed with lots of love and light on both sides and we enjoy being with each-other's family. This post isn't a dig or a gripe session, simply a way to express how hard it is to share....

Merry Christmas! This is my first Christmas as a Mrs. and I'm loving it! I'm going to say this though, sharing families and splitting time has to be the hardest thing for any married couple. Since we met we vowed to do each Holiday with both families, and since we are living in Los Angeles now, we flew into DFW to spend 5.5 days with my family and will fly out of Austin after spending 5.5 with Ike's family.

It just so happens that saying goodbye to my family hit on Christmas day after dinner, which meant a very emotional goodbye to the ones I cherish most. I've lived in Austin since I was 20 years old and am used to saying goodbye to my family but I knew was simply a 3 hour drive away. Now, I'm 1500 miles away, a 2 day drive or 3 hour plane ride. How do you simply say "goodbye" when you're not sure when you'll see that person again? Does it ever get easier? That's what I'd like to know. Will it be like this EACH time somebody comes to visit, too?

I'm excited to get to be with Ike's family, they're a HOOT! But why can't we all live in a compound and be together all the time? Why must goodbyes always be so hard?

No pics tonight, just my rambling thoughts. Lots of love and light.






You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It will get easier and you'll learn to cherish them more when you see them of face time them, etc. You are so very blessed to still love them all as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing family time during the holidays, or any major family event is for sure one of the hardest parts of being married. Right there with ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gets easier. Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images