Sea you at the sea

12:55 PM

A few weeks ago Ike and I rented kayaks in Malibu and spent a day on the water. My idea originally was to stand up paddle board but my loving husband knows I have a phobia of what lies beneath. :) He thought it was a safer bet to keep me in the water in a kayak. Less of a chance to fall in and I would be with him (we rented a double kayak) and a cheap waterproof camera and were off.






This pic is hilarious for so many reasons:
1. My hair is dry and my sunglasses are still on. AKA pre wipeout.
2. I'm smiling so I'd imagine this is pre seaweed endured full fledged panic attack.









I was also not fore warned how FAR you have to go out to kayak. You have to go out PAST the surfers and PAST where the waves break. We were out almost a mile. It was very overwhelming at first but I worked on focusing on the beauty that surrounded us.


Ike's aunt and uncle have a house for the summer in Malibu so we kayaked to their house for a quick hello and quite frankly I needed some liquid courage. As you can see, on the final paddle to their house our kayak got knocked over by a wave. I lost my sunglasses, Ike lost his shirt but we gave everyone who was watching a good laugh and we laughed hysterically ourselves.






I am mesmerized by the ocean. I will continue to conquer my fear of the unknown and by doing this I will learn to love the water as my daddy does.

"Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness". -Lao Tzu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images