Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none

11:47 PM

Mistakes are what makes us, right?

I'm fortunate enough to have an entire support team. If I didn't God only knows
where I'd be. But what about those people that don't have anyone to help them get on their feet?
The homeless man I met this week on the corner of SM blvd and the 405 reminded me of my dad; "be careful out there, when it gets damp the roads become slippery." You see, when I moved to Austin and saw the vast homeless population I would clean out my pantry and fridge, load up garbage bags of food and give it away. A few times they didn't want it but most of the time they were appreciative. Since being in LA I've friended a man named Michael and believe I got more from the 30 mins I spent talking to him than he's ever got from me. (this is actually a fact). He shared his story with me...He had no family, never been married and no kids. He fell into drugs some years ago and now lived in his old van, equipped with a small tv and bed. (as strange and unsafe as it may sound he showed Ike and I his home). He made no excuses, simply saying His choices led him to where he is today. When I offered him a hug and wanted to know his name he said that that's all he wanted; someone who cared enough not to judge him but someone who asked his name and learned his story.
I know why I have a place in my heart for the broken and lost and I also know that I am making a conscious effort to stop judging. Who am I to judge any soul? Everyone battles their own demons and in this day and age I believe we need love. I challenge each of you who read this to smile at the person who is asking for help on the corner, to not throw stones when we ALL live in glass houses.




"Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday." -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images