Life in the fast lane

6:05 PM

My husband and I lead very hectic, busy lives in LA. Between his job in the music industry and mine as a celebrity assistant we have very little down time. I have 4 days off and am somewhat lost....I've cleaned the house, gone grocery shopping, had my hair done, got the dog groomed, worked out, cooked dinner, but in all honesty I'm feeling lonely. I long for friends like I had in Austin. The ones who I would call on a whim and they'd gladly meet for a drink and long talk. I miss girl nights and sleepovers. I know it will happen in time but patience is not a virtue of mine :).



I've gotten MUCH better about stepping out of my comfort zone and doing things that make my knees shake but I still struggle. Ike is my safety net, he will talk to a wall. I need to depend less on him and get out on my own. My goal this spring and summer is to do something that scares me every week. Last week I tried cardio barre (www.cardiobarre.com). This week I am going to do a barefoot run on the beach. Alone. The water is my nirvana; the one space I find true contentment and peace. Where my mind is free and I feel like I can breathe.


Days like today I am extremely thankful for Finley. He sure can make me laugh..



Random enough post I think..Tata for now!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I thought you were better, I thought you were good company. You live in Los Angeles! There are so many things to be discovered there either? This is my dream to discover Los Angeles, one day, maybe. you're a good person and a good friend. I'm sure your friends from Austin languish you. I do not know if you see my little comments that I leave you to your blog often, but I hope it make you smile. hahaha my english is so bad :) But I hope you understand what i mean.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images