Roe vs Katy

1:00 PM

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's been awhile since I last posted. This was a
crazy week. I hope everyone had a great New Year's celebration and is
settling back into day to day life. Did I mention my birthday was this
past Wednesday?!? It was a bitter sweet day. I really missed my family and
friends. I lived in Austin for close to 8 years, and really missed my
friends in Austin on my birthday. Right now, I am in the process of
building relationships out here. It's hard for me to be patient with the
process. The people that I have spent time with out here were out of town,
and I spent most of the day with Finley while Ike worked. The day did get
better!! Ike knew I was a little sad and lonely, so, he came by in the
middle of the day to surprise me and give me a hug. He got me a Louis
Vuitton iPhone case. He also organized a small dinner for me with a couple
of our friends. It was a lot of fun! It was my first sushi experience.
Wow. I don't eat a lot of fish, much less raw fish. I really wanted to try
it though. I told Ike not to tell me what I was eating until after I ate
it. It was really good, and I actually ate a Spicy Tuna Roll! But, towards
the end of the night Amelia asked me if I was going to eat my roe. I asked
her what she was talking about, and she told me that roe was raw fish
eggs. Yup, I was eating RAW FISH EGGS!!! Needless to say, I was done with
dinner at that point. I will try it again. I enjoyed the dinner and the
company. It was a great end to my first birthday in LA. Thank you Amelia
and Lane (and Ike) for making it special!!





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am far from being a picky eater and I love sushi. But many don't. And I like people who don't force themselves to like something they truly don't just because it's the trending thing to do.
    I am sure you'll make a lot of new amazing friends in LA =) Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images