A beach day

8:28 PM

What a marvelous Sunday. Ike, Finley and I, just the three of us, spent the day on the beach! If you know me at all you know I'm a water baby. I will always choose the beach over the snow. It's why I got hitched on the sand ;). So, imagine my excitement at living less than 5 miles from the Pacific Ocean. I promised myself when we moved here I would take FULL advantage of everything California has to offer, and I finally feel a bit more settled and ready to explore. Although, to be completely honest I really prefer to explore with Ike. This city is overwhelming to say the least. There is SO much to see and do it's overwhelming.

We walked the Pier a little and then we were ready to put our toes in the sand. Literally, as soon as Fin touched the sand he went nuts! He was running circles, digging and absolutely loved when we walked to the water. He would walk in the water, wait for a wave to come and then run as fast as he could away. He never could figure out how the water would catch up to him! After we got wet we found a spot to sit in the sand and just enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing. You really can't beat the view, either. Mountains, the Pier and the Pacific Ocean. We must have sat and taken it all in for a few hours. Sometimes it's nice to just be.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this post. The pictures are amazing. I am a beach lover as well.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images