6 months

1:11 PM

I believe in God and my family and the reality that you have to lose your life to find it. And I believe that you have found your life when you find a song that you can sing in your own company.

6 months ago this weekend We said I do. We stood with our toes in the sand in paradise surrounded by love and committed our lives to one another. Forever. Ike, you are the only person who could have healed me. I was never truly happy a full day in my life before I met you and since I met you I don't think I've ever spent a full day unhappy. I find this both pathetic and perfect.

Trying to come up with words as to how I feel I kept going back to my vows:

"When we first met I never thought we'd be standing where we are now, but as time passed, I began o see our random meeting was really our destiny. From our first "italian family date" that tuned into an entire weekend together, I knew you were different that anyone I've met before. I felt comfortable and safe. You could see I was broken and you brought the light back into me. Patiently you waited while I healed and our relationship deepened. Ike, I think you are the most supportive, generous, loving, unselfish person I know. You've showed me what it means to be loved and loved, wholly, without conditions, all the time. Through your loving eyes, I see myself as I want to be; I feel so free. Your love has given me strength and courage to chase my dreams, and confidence to believe they are within my reach. I look in your eyes and see, my best friend, my better half, and my soul mate. We have such a magical yet real relationship. You alone can look at me and know my thoughts, my feelings and exactly what I need. Sometimes I think you know me better than I know myself. And I know you feel the same about me. Ike, through high tide and low tide I promise you in front of our family, friends and the world..that I will love you with my whole heart, soul, and body. I will be faithful, your best friend, and your partner as we go through this life together. I vow to honor you, cherish you, respect you, laugh with you, cry with you, and support you in your dreams and goals as long as we both shall live. I choose you, Ike, everyday."

I'm looking forward to the beach with you this weekend, but I'm happy with you anywhere. You are the light of my life and my biggest blessing. Thank YOU for loving me back.

Lastly; here is our wedding video :)
http://vimeo.com/m/29778992


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images